Friday, April 24, 2009

The File Extension OGG and OGG file format

I am an average computer user who wants to use laptop computer for internet browsing, home accounting and a bit of official letters and calculations. I never had gone through the complicated file structures and internal architecture of my computer. About the hardware part I just know about my processor speed, make and the mother board manufacture. The entire laptop was a black box to me. Things were going very smoothly and comfortably. But suddenly last week my rhythmic interaction with my computer stopped.
All this happened with my friend sending me an attachment. As usual I have double clicked the attachment after downloading. To my surprise my computer asked me how to open this file. I have never faced such a problem before. So I have checked the file extension. File Extension OGG spoiled my time. I have made some research to find out that File Extension OGG is a high quality open source digital media format that is largely used for multimedia applications such as audio and video playback. The File Extension OGG and OGG file format is often used as an audio file format, although the file format itself serves as a container for other multimedia applications. In my research I have also find out that there are several other file formats that are available on my computer, which is used automatically by concerned programs. For identifying various file types like File Extension OGG you may require a driver detective. Now I know that a driver detective can help a novice to identify the file extensions and file formats.

No comments: